- For prescription refills we require 24-48 hour notice . We will try to refill your prescriptions as soon as possible.
- Patient may be required to pick up Scheduled II prescriptions in person at the office. We don't mail prescriptions for controlled substances.
- If you experience any side effects or reactions to medication prescribed to you, please call us as soon as possible.
- You can request refills or ask questions via the patient portal. Please contact the office in business hours to establish your portal account.
For your scheduled office visit:
- Please bring all your medications or an up-to-date list of all your medications with you.
- If this is the first visit for you, please bring all available medical records, MRI films and X-ray copies with you if possible.
- Sometimes bringing a witness of an event like a seizure or passing out spell is invaluable and helps us is your evaluation.
- If your insurance has changed please inform the office staff when you check in. We require a copy of the insurance ID card and your state issued ID card on the chart
- If your health insurance requires a referral to a specialist please make sure your Primary Care Physician has already approved a referral. This will avoid unexpected medical bills to you and save you time. The referral has to be updated frequently by your primary care physician based on your need for neurological care.
CONTROLLED DRUG POLICY
- Random urine drug screening, and random pill counting are performed if scheduled drugs are prescribed.
- We do not perform chronic pain management.
Providing Neurology and Sleep medicine services in North-Central Alabama.